I remember when some friends travelled to Costa Rica some ten or twelve years ago, and when the returned they wouldn't shut up about how great it was.
I don't remember the details, but I presume they didn't spend much time in San José, becuase it's really a dump. I guess there must be nice parts, but I am staying downtown and it is not nice.
Plus, it is what they call winter here, which means it's 27 and humid and it rains all day. The difference with summer, which is during winter, if you get my drift, is that it doesn't rain all day. But right now, it's raining all day, which makes my weeks of anticipation for a mini summer break rather misplaced.
Anyway, I am hoping to get out into the rain forest (I am really clear now on where that name comes from) before heading back to Santiago. If I do, I'll try to take pictures. And if I do, I will try to upload them.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment